Sunday, October 25, 2009

AUTUMN WALK




The gentle wind blew through the leafy branches
Soft crunchy leaves glided through the wind
A multitude of reds and yellows tumbling to the ground
I breathed in the wonders of this Autumn evening
and thought....

I pray everyday in worship services and Bible Study to a God I cannot see. I am filled with hope and Jesus' life saving grace yet there is a struggle deep inside me. How can I love someone so much if I cannot see Him? He is like the wind blowing through these multicolored leaves...He is unseen and when I reach out my arms for him I cannot hug him close to me. I cannot feel his touch on my shoulder or his voice replying to my own. And then I realize...my endless fruitless quest for love and how many years I spent searching for people to hang on to...depending on their touch and their voice to comfort me. The tangible things of this world drove me onward yet...there is a deep void in my heart...a sickening emptiness and a bottomless pit of loneliness that was never filled by human love. People...all people they are no better than this wind. They come into your life and just as vapor they are gone. Yet, Jesus, the being most high that I cannot see is there with me always. He guides me onward into clarity and into real love...a love that doesnt end. He is the solid branches of the trees that give life to the leaves. The leaves are the many changes of my life...and like the passing seasons my own leaves go through stages yet the life giving branches are unchanging...it is what gives me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment