Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For Sister




My whole life comes crashing down


to this one place


this one God


this one woman




I lived endless days


searching for a friend


and countless minutes


imitating a child




I was a woman


trapped in mindless laughter


hdden behind a mask


of innocence






Looking back


I should have known


How it will all turn out


what hours would seal my fate




It was here in this attic


Amidst tears and hope


that I knew my future




It was as clear to me


as if I were looking


through a clear stream


waters rushing over bear feet


As I thought, thought, thought


----about Nothing.




It was clarity


obstructed by madness


reflected in each dry,


tumbling autumn leaf.




I look upon her face


worn by worry and years


and see


yes, see her soul


I hurt for her sadness


and yet know not how to help.




She walks dressed all in black


a gray silk scarf tightly wrapped


around her weary neck


hair strictly pinned up


on her graying head...


she shows no emotion




Yet behind this fascade


of an old woman


two gleaming brown eyes


laugh back into mine


WIthin those eyes


hidden behind square bold glasses


I see a young frail girl


banging on a window


with both her fists


screaming to be freed.




And I watch on thinking...


I wish she could find that Hope


in that One she seeks




That the Kingdom of God may come


come quickly for us both


so we may stand hand in hand


free from the toil and repression


of this world and this institution


we call home


away high on a mountain top


happy and smiling and free


flying over the valleys


as light as silk


Both of us sisters for eternity.












No comments:

Post a Comment